The Proposal

As the title might have already made it clear that this post is all about my status being officially changed from a singleton to “ENGAGED”!!

Even though I never admit it out loud, but I do enjoy watching Hollywood romcoms, especially in the wedding genre. From Bride Wars to 27 Dresses, I believe I can mouth along the dialogues from such movies. Little did I know that one fine morning in August my life would become a part of a romcom- and that too in Goa!!

Well being a big believer in miracles from God Almighty, I'd say it's His gift to me... things that I had never consciously asked for but needed in life. My fiancé being the biggest blessing of my life- as it's always great to find one's partner in their friend, even better in best friend. Not only do they know you inside out but they always walk that extra mile with that extra knowledge to make you happy. And that's what he did on the early morning of 31st August, 2019. Whats's better than a man asking you to marry him with the blessing of both the parents and in their presence... and not to forget, with the perfect ring!

Being raised in a Christian family, all my ideas about a perfect man revolved around the handsome King David or zealous Jeremiah or devout Daniel or the all time favourite husband character- Joseph. But it was only after meeting him did I know that Almighty reserves a special one-of-a-kind perfect man for each woman. And I'm blessed beyond measure that it was Mr. Fernandes.

Now all I have to do is to keep counting down the days till I become Mrs. Fernandes. Until then...
                  Take my hand, take my whole life too
                  For I can't help falling in love with you...


Comments