It's all about the ending, a little bit of what happens in the middle, and a lot less of where it all began...

Sometimes a day can teach a lot about life, might also change the perspective of looking at it. Today was one such day. Not only did it teach me to ignore the darkness of the past but it also taught me to take each day as it comes, for we never know what is waiting for us in the moments to come.

Well, I happened to have completed a year in my present work place.And while it is an important day for me, it also happened to have started in the worst way in my whole past year! Imagine having spilled a whole bottle of dark black eye-liner on the floor and having to mop it just after you've had a nice long shower- well you get the picture!! Added to the feeling of having to go to work after a break of five days. As if lethargy had been bottled and sold as a de-energizing drink, and I've had a nice long sip. But as the day progressed, I could feel that I was flowing in quite well. Sure here and there things were happening out of place, but that's how it is supposed to be. And at the end of the day if you get to share ice-cream with some random colleagues, nothing's more unexpectedly nicer than that.

The entire sequence of today's events taught me some basic facts of life, facts that we "busy people" ignore (sometimes choose to ignore)- facts if acknowledged would make life much simpler and happier than what it already is. Sometimes life feels like being trapped in between dense dark clouds- so dense that at some point we start thinking that the sun is gone forever... but what we must remember is that the only thing that matters is the ending. A novel has many twists and plot turns in between, but in the end the novel with a happy ending is what the readers always love.

And it's never too late for that happy ending. It's the smaller day to day details that help us build a beautiful bigger picture. We sometimes get so fixated on getting everything right at the moment that we forget that we wouldn't appreciate the white if there was no black to compare it with. It's not by magic that the ending notes to the song becomes perfect. The repeated trial and error, sometimes certain big blunders, that's when we get to know the worst from the good... that's when we learn to appreciate and create the best. Ignorance is bliss, and I say that from ignorance, but one must learn to chose what to ignore and what to acknowledge.

I've read and heard people talking about happiness, and from all of those and my own petty experiences all I can say, happiness isn't something we find- it is something we create- it is a conscious choice we need to make every single day to paint a beautiful bigger picture... not magic, but a whole lot of Faith!!

Comments